Graduate Study

MPH Fieldwork

MPH students in Nutritional Sciences complete one fieldwork experience. MPH/GCPD students may count the fieldwork experience towards their 96 hours community rotation requirement.

Summary of Steps

  • Review and follow the detailed guidelines MPH Nutrition Fieldwork Guidelines (docx)
  • In conjunction with fieldwork preceptor, describe project, set timeline and outline final product on the MPH Nutrition Fieldwork Agreement (docx).
  • The approved Fieldwork Agreement is submitted to NSP Student and Academic Services at in order to get an add code for NUTR 532 Fieldwork in Public Health Nutrition.
  • Complete experience as planned.
  • Provide the preceptor with the MPH Nutrition Fieldwork Evaluation (docx) and schedule a time to discuss the evaluation. Submit the signed student evaluation to the MPH Fieldwork and Practicum Faculty Adviser.
  • Develop a project summary report including a log of activities, reflection on the experience and its application to your future practice in public health nutrition. For further instructions, read the MPH Nutrition Fieldwork Guidelines.
  • Present on the experience to fellow MPH Nutrition students, scheduled annually in autumn quarter.

International Students

During their first year, F-1 students must work with the University’s International Student Services (ISS) office to register for Curricular Practical Training (CPT).  Students with a J-1 or J-2 VISA must also meet with their ISS advisor during year 1 to apply for Academic Training.

Fieldwork and Practicum Faculty Adviser

Anne Lund, MPH, RDN, FAND
324 Raitt Hall