Current Students

2023 Entering Class Information

Congratulations! You’ve been offered admission to the Nutritional Sciences Program (NSP), which operates under the auspices of the University of Washington Graduate School. After formally accepting the offer of admission, you must meet requirements for both NSP and the UW Graduate School.

Completing Admissions Requirements – UW Graduate School

The deadline to respond to your offer of admission to NSP is Saturday, April 15th. If you’ve been admitted to the Graduate Coordinated Program in Dietetics (GCPD), as well, you may have a different deadline.

Log in to your UW Graduate School application and follow the prompts to formally respond to your offer.

If you ACCEPT, you’ll be asked to set up your UWNetID (instructions will be provided) and pay a $250 non-refundable deposit to hold your place in the program. Additional instructions and items to complete will then appear on your “Application Status Page.” More information about each task is detailed below.

If you plan to DECLINE, please let us know as soon as possible. Log in to your application with the link above, register your response, and take a short survey. No further action will be required.


All UW students are required to set up a UWNetID, which is used to access your email, online systems, campus computers, etc. Your UWNetID is your personal identification for UW network and computing services. It is also used as your UW email address (i.e.,

To set up your UWNetID, follow the instructions in the UW Graduate School’s application system or visit the UWNETID website. Questions? Contact the UWIT Office at or visit their website.

Submitting Official Transcripts

Admitted applicants are required to submit official transcripts from all degree-granting institutions to the UW Graduate School. Please follow the Graduate School’s instructions to send Certified Electronic Transcripts (paper transcripts may be sent to one the addresses provided on your “Application Status Page” in the Graduate Schools’ application system. The system will be updated when your transcript(s) has been received and verified.

  • If you are currently completing another degree, please wait to submit your official transcript until your degree has posted.
  • If your degree(s) is from the University of Washington, you do not need to submit a transcript. The UW Graduate School will verify your degree(s) internally.

Once your transcript(s) has been received by the UW Graduate School, it can take several weeks for system status to be updated. The Graduate School will contact you if there are any issues.

Questions? Contact the UW Graduate School at

Request I-20/DS 2019 Form

International students who will need to request an F-1 student visa can download the appropriate form (I-20 or DS-2019) from your “Application Status Page.” Once you complete the form, upload it to the application system to submit it to the UW Graduate School. The same interface will be used to select the shipping method for the I-20 (NOTE: there is a fee for express shipping).

To fulfill the I-20 requirements (outlined on the Graduate School website), admitted students will need to show financial ability. Questions? Contact the UW Graduate School at

Completing Admissions Requirements – NSP and GCPD, if applicable

Health Sciences Immunization Program Requirements

By accepting enrollment into the Nutritional Sciences Program, students agree to meet immunization and TB screening requirements in accordance with CDC guidelines for healthcare personnel and as outlined by the Health Sciences Immunization Program (HSIP). This includes a requirement that students be vaccinated against COVID-19. Due to the nature of health profession training programs, exemptions are rarely granted and only in alignment with CDC recommendations, HSIP policy, and University policy and practice.


In addition to the immunization requirements outlined above, there are several other trainings and requirements to be completed prior to enrollment, including a national background check for GCPD students. Additional information will be provided, as needed.

Prerequisite Completion and Transcript Submission

If you have outstanding prerequisite courses, we expect they will be completed prior to starting the program in September. After accepting your offer of admission, you will receive a summary of courses still outstanding.

       GCPD students only:

    • If you haven’t yet taken your hands-on Food Science prerequisite, UW Professional and Continuing Education (PCE) offers an online version (NUTR 441 Food and Culinary Science) over the summer.
    • Students needing to complete their Management of Nutrition Services requirement should view the Example Coursework section of NSP’s Prerequisite Information page for suggested courses. Please direct course-selection questions to

Admitted students are responsible for submitting official transcripts from the institutions(s) where prerequisite coursework was taken as well as where they’ve earned a degree (bachelor’s degree or higher) to NSP, in addition to any transcripts submitted to the UW Graduate School.

  • If you have coursework in progress or planned for a future term, please wait until the coursework at that school is complete to submit your official transcript(s).
    • Official paper transcripts can be mailed to: UW Nutritional Sciences Graduate Program, 305 Raitt Hall, Box 353410, Seattle, WA 98195
    • Official electronic/digital transcripts can be emailed to
  • Our staff may reach out to you to confirm your plans for completing prerequisite coursework. Please be responsive to those inquiries.
  • If you are unable to meet the transcript requirements as outlined here, please contact
For the Nutritional Sciences Program:
For the UW Graduate School:
Submit official transcripts for all institutions where you’ve earned a degree (bachelor’s or higher), as well as where you’ve completed any prerequisite coursework for either NSP or GCPD.

Certified Electronic Transcripts (preferred) can be emailed to from the issuing institution or its authorized agent (e.g., Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.).

Note: Students or institutions cannot submit their own PDF transcripts via email.

Paper transcripts can be mailed to one of the two addresses below, as appropriate:

Standard Postal Services (USPS):
University of Washington
Nutritional Sciences Graduate Program
305 Raitt Hall, Box 353410
Seattle, WA 98195-3410

Express Courier Services (FedEx, UPS, etc.):
University of Washington
Nutritional Sciences Graduate Program
Raitt Hall 305
4000 15th Ave. NE
Seattle, WA 98195-3410

Note: Mailed transcripts must be received unopened with the envelope or school seal intact.

Submit official transcripts for each school requested by the UW Graduate School (Official Transcript Requirements).

Certified Electronic Transcripts (preferred) can be emailed to If sending transcripts through Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse, please review the UW Graduate School’s instructions at the above link.

Note: Students or institutions cannot submit their own PDF transcripts via email.

Paper transcripts can be mailed to one of the two addresses below, as appropriate:

Standard Postal Services (USPS):
University of Washington
Graduate Enrollment Management Services
Box 353770
Seattle, WA USA 98195-3770

Express Courier Services (FedEx, UPS, etc.):
University of Washington
Graduate Enrollment Management Services
G-1 Communications
4109 E Stevens Way NE
Seattle, WA USA 98195-3770

Note: Mailed transcripts must be received unopened with the envelope or school seal intact.

Dates and Events

  • June 1: Last day to create CastleBranch accounts
  • June 20: Autumn registration begins
  • July 1: National background check deadline (GCPD students only)
  • August 31: All official transcripts must be received by NSP
  • September 15: Deadline to submit ServSafe completion certificates (GCPD students only)
  • September 27: First day of instruction


  • Make changes to your address or contact information
    Please log in to MyUW to update your contact information in the University’s records. That will also update your address in the database used by the Office of the Registrar, Office of Student Financial Aid, Student Fiscal Services, and other departments and offices.

Helpful Resources

Getting to Know Campus

The Nutritional Sciences Program and several of our faculty have offices in Raitt Hall. Most of your classes will be in the Magnuson Health Sciences Center or Health Sciences Education Building. The UW Visitor Center offers campus maps, resources about the University and Seattle communities, and regularly scheduled campus walking tours.

Housing & Seattle Neighborhoods

Some students opt for housing in one of the graduate student or family apartment options provided by UW Housing & Food Services, while others choose privately managed off-campus rentals. In either case, there are many great options in the varied neighborhoods that surround the University District or are within easy commuting distance by bus or bike. Some neighborhoods that students commonly select are Eastlake, Capitol Hill, Wallingford, Fremont, Ballard, Green Lake, Greenwood, Laurelhurst, and Sandpoint.

Local Transportation & Commuting Options

As a UW student, you will receive a U-PASS that provides full-fare coverage on local and regional buses, Link light rail, Sounder commuter trains, and many other local transit options. UW has also been recognized as one of the most bicycle-friendly universities in the country. The Burke-Gilman Trail, a popular 18.8-mile recreational trail for walkers, runners, cyclists, and commuters, runs through campus and connects with a several the Seattle neighborhoods listed above.

Financial Aid & Student Funding

The UW Office of Student Financial Aid will likely be your main point of contact for financial assistance at this stage. If you are an out-of-state student, you may have some questions about the UW’s residency requirements. The Graduate Funding Information Service is a resource provided by UW Libraries and the UW Graduate School to link graduate students with scholarship, fellowship, and other funding opportunities. The funding opportunities available through the Nutritional Sciences Program, such as TA positions and scholarships, are typically limited to currently enrolled students, and you will have the opportunity to apply for these during your first year in the program.

Contact Us

  • Nichole Maiman Waterman, Student and Academic Services Operations Specialist
    All Questions
  • Susan Inman, Manager of Student and Academic Services
    All Questions
  • Lacey Henderson, GCPD Student Services Coordinator
    Questions related to the Graduate Coordinated Program in Dietetics (GCPD)