Current Students

2021 Entering Class Information

We look forward to having you join us in September! Please continue to check this page for important information about orientation activities, next steps, and resources.

Completing the Admissions Requirements

  • Complete Any Remaining Prerequisites
    If any prerequisites were projected at the time of application, please make plans to complete them prior to autumn quarter.

    • GCPD Students Only: If you have yet to complete a hands-on food science class that is required as a prerequisite, UW Professional and Continuing Education (PCE) offers an online version (NUTR 441 Food and Culinary Science) over the summer.  Students needing to complete the management in nutrition services course should view the Admission requirements and prerequisites for suggested courses.  Please direct questions to
  • Admitted students are responsible for submitting official transcripts from the institutions(s) where prerequisite coursework was taken and where they earned their bachelor’s degree to the NSP Office, in addition to the transcripts that are submitted to the UW Graduate School.
  • Students who have earned their degree or completed their coursework at a school, should submit transcripts as soon as possible by following the instructions below.
  • Students who are in progress with either their bachelor’s degree or prerequisite coursework should wait to submit transcripts:
    • For the bachelor’s degree requirement, the degree statement needs to be posted on the official transcript.
    • For prerequisite coursework transcripts, the grade for the course needs to be posted on the official transcript.
For the Nutritional Sciences Program:
For the UW Graduate School:
Send one copy of official transcripts from for the institution where your bachelor’s degree was earned, as well as any school where prerequisite coursework was taken for either the NSP or GCPD.

Transcripts can be mailed to:

UW Nutritional Sciences Graduate Program
305 Raitt Hall, Box 353410
Seattle, WA 98195

Note: Mailed transcripts must be received unopened with the envelope or school seal intact.

Certified Electronic Transcripts can be emailed to from the issuing institution or its authorized agent. 

Note: Students cannot submit their own transcripts via email.

Send one copy of official transcripts for each school listed on your Application Status Page in MyGrad to the UW Graduate School.

Reference the Official Transcript Requirements for sending Certified Electronic Transcripts (preferred) or paper transcripts to one of two addresses:

Standard Postal Services:
University of Washington
Graduate Enrollment Management Services
Box 353770
Seattle, WA USA 98195-3770

Express Courier Services:
University of Washington
Graduate Enrollment Management Services
G-1 Communications
4109 E Stevens Way NE
Seattle, WA USA 98195-3770


Dates to Note

  • March/April – GCPD Students only
    All students accepted into the GCPD program must complete and pass a national background check. Instructions will be sent directly by the GCPD program.
  • Early June – Registration Information Emailed
    A registration guide will be sent by email in early June.
  • Late June 2021 – Autumn Registration Begins
    Registration for new students begins in June, but your assigned registration date may vary slightly. You can find your assigned registration date on the “Enrollment Confirmation Acknowledgement” that you receive from the Registrar’s Office via an automated email sent once the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD) is paid.  You will have the opportunity to add or drop courses through the first week of classes. If you have questions about how to register or what to register for, please contact
  • September 24, 2021 – SafeServ Certificate due – GCPD Students only 
    Please submit a copy of your ServSafe Management certificate here.* More information about ServSafe can be found at:
  • September 29, 2021 – First Day of Classes
    Find information on dates of instruction, registration and tuition deadlines, and holidays/breaks on the academic calendar

*In order to submit documents through the form, students will need to have set-up UW Gmail.


  • Enable the Google Suite for your UWNetID
    Follow the directions here to set up UW Gmail.
  • Set up Update your Address or Contact Information Changes
    Please also log into MyUW to update your address in the University’s records. This step updates your address in the database used by the Office of the Registrar, Office of Student Financial Aid, Student Fiscal Services and other departments and offices.
  • Review Immunization Requirements and Submit Required Documentation
    All Nutritional Sciences Students are required to participate in and maintain compliance with the Health Sciences Immunization Program (HSIP) while enrolled in the program.

    • HSIP uses the vendor service CastleBranch for evaluating and maintaining immunization records. Please see the HSIP Requirements Checklist and the HSIP Website for information.
    • Advance planning is required as some of the requirements have multiple doses or steps which must be given on a specific schedule.
    • Students will receive an e-vite from the vendor in, CastleBranch, containing a unique link that allows you to create a web-based account which you will use to submit your documentation.
      • There is a one-time set-up fee for CastleBranch.
      • The annual HSIP fees will be charged to your student account.
    • A list of specific requirements is posted here.


Helpful Resources

Getting to Know Campus

The Nutritional Sciences Program and several of our faculty have offices in Raitt Hall. Most of your classes will be in the Health Sciences Building. The Visitors Center offers campus maps, brochures and guides to campus and Seattle community, and regularly scheduled campus walking tours.

Housing & Seattle Neighborhoods

Some students opt for housing in one of the Graduate Student Housing options provided by UW Housing & Food Services, while others choose privately managed off-campus rentals. In either case, there are many great options in the varied neighborhoods that surround the University District or are within easy commuting distance by bus or bike. Some neighborhoods that students commonly select are Eastlake, Capitol Hill, Wallingford, Fremont, Ballard, Greenlake, Greenwood, Laurelhurst, and Sandpoint.

Local Transportation & Commuting Options

As a UW student, you will receive a U-PASS that provides full fare coverage on local and regional buses, the Sounder Train, Link Light Rail, and many other local transit options. UW has also been recognized as one of the most bicycle friendly universities in the country. The Burke-Gilman Trail, a popular 18.8-mile recreational trail for walkers, runners, cyclists, and commuters, runs through campus and connects with a several the Seattle neighborhoods listed above.

Financial Aid & Student Funding

The UW Office of Financial Aid will likely be your main point of contact for financial assistance at this stage. If you are an out-of-state student, you may have some questions about the UW’s residency requirements. The Graduate Funding Information Service is a resource provided by the UW Libraries and Graduate School to link graduate students with scholarship, fellowship, and other funding opportunities. The funding opportunities available through the Nutritional Sciences Program, such as TA positions and scholarships, are typically limited to currently enrolled students, and you will have the opportunity to apply for these during your first year in the program.


Contact Us

  • Kari Brothers, Operations Specialist and Susan Inman, Manager of Student and Academic Services
    All Questions
  • Lacey Henderson, GCPD Student Services Coordinator
    Questions related to the Graduate Coordinated Program in Dietetics (GCPD)