The following first- and second-year courses are suggested for your exploration of and preparation for the Food Systems, Nutrition, and Health major: anthropology, economics, environmental science and studies, geography, introduction to nutrition, political science, public policy, sociology, sciences like biology and chemistry, statistics, composition or writing, and distribution of general education courses, as well as coursework that develops analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills.
The major has minimum requirements. All students must complete the following by the application deadline:
- 45 college credits with a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA
- NUTR 200 Nutrition for Today or equivalent
- English Composition, 5 credits
Applications will be reviewed to confirm minimum requirements are met and ensure the degree can be completed within the University’s satisfactory progress policies.
- We encourage you to learn more about the major by attending an information session and reading through this website.
- Complete the online application and upload transcripts for non-UW courses. The application is available one month prior to the next deadline, which is the third Friday of autumn, winter, spring, and summer quarters.
- Transfer students must also apply for general admission to the University and abide by the by the UW Office of Admissions’ deadlines: February 15 for summer or autumn quarter and September 1 for winter quarter.
- Students are notified about their admission to the major 3-5 weeks after the deadline.