Registration is done online through MyUW.
Registration dates for each quarter are provided in the University’s academic calendar. The first day of registration for upcoming quarters is as follows:
- Winter 2019: November 2, 2018
- Spring 2019: February 15, 2019
- Summer 2019: April 15, 2019
You are able to register for most nutrition (NUTR) courses without an entry or faculty code. The only courses that require entry or faculty codes are those with limited space or requiring signed paperwork: NUTR 532; NUTR 595; NUTR 596/600/700/800. To receive a code for one of these courses, submit the completed form to the NSP office (Raitt 305) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fieldwork (NUTR 532) and Practicum (NUTR 595)
MPH students register for NUTR 532 and NUTR 595.
- For NUTR 532 (Fieldwork), submit the Fieldwork Agreement.
- For NUTR 595 (Practicum; GCPD students register for NUTR 561), submit the MPH Practicum Learning Contract.
These forms must be submitted before you register. You will not receive entry codes without these forms.
Capstone (596), Independent Study (600), Thesis (700), and Dissertation (800)
Capstone, thesis, dissertation, or independent study credits require an approved Registration Agreement or Independent Study Registration Form each quarter.
- 1st Year Spring Quarter: NUTR 596 Capstone or NUTR 700 Thesis Registration Agreement
Please use this form to register for the 1 credit of NUTR 596/700 that is required in the 1st year spring quarter.
- Independent Study Registration Form
Please use this form to register for:
– NUTR 596 Capstone or 700 Thesis *For credits taken after spring quarter of the 1st year.
– NUTR 600 Independent Study
– NUTR 800 Dissertation *PhD students may register for NUTR 800 after passing the General Examination and achieving candidacy
Second-Year GCPD Students
Second-year GCPD students registering for the Practice Experience in Winter, Spring and Summer quarters follow the registration instructions provided via email by Professional and Continuing Education.
Nutritional Sciences students taking classes through Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Services, or other School of Public Health programs should consult the Time Schedule for registration information. If entry codes are required, details for how to obtain one will be provided in the course information.