MPH-nutrition students complete one fieldwork experience (NUTR 532). MPH/GCPD students may count the fieldwork experience towards their 96 hours community rotation requirement.
Summary of Steps
- Review and follow the detailed guidelines MPH Nutrition Fieldwork Guidelines.
- In conjunction with fieldwork preceptor, describe project, set timeline and outline final product on the MPH Nutrition Fieldwork Agreement.
- Complete experience as planned.
- Provide the preceptor with the MPH Nutrition Fieldwork Student Evaluations and schedule a time to discuss the evaluation. Submit the signed student evaluation to the MPH Nutrition Coordinator.
- Develop a project summary report including a log of activities, reflection on the experience and its application to your future practice in public health nutrition. For further instructions, read MPH Nutrition Fieldwork Guidelines.
- Present on the experience to fellow MPH Nutrition Students (scheduled annually Fall Quarter)
While enrolled in the Practice Experience (Year 2), students with an F-1 VISA must be registered for Curricular Practical Training (CPT). During their first year, F-1 students must work with the University’s International Student Services (ISS) office to register for CPT. https://iss.washington.edu/employment/f1-employment/cpt. Students with a J-1 or J-2 VISA must also meet with their ISS advisor during Year 1 to apply for Academic Training. https://iss.washington.edu/employment/j1-employment for the Practice Experience.
Fieldwork and Practicum Faculty Advisor
Anne Lund, MPH, RDN
324 Raitt Hall